Helping Yourself

 "Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow."

What do you need? I genuinely mean it...what do you need? How can you achieve it? Nearly every goal is achievable if there is enough effort exerted. I'll admit it, I am the absolute worst at coming up with a hair-brained idea and then letting it go. It could be the most ah-mazing idea ever, but I tend to not follow through so well. I chalk it up to my personality, have you ever taken the test? Turns out, I am a debater (ENTP-A) and we are known for brilliant ideas, but don't have the drive to see it through til the end. It told me that I would be great as a business owner as long as I have others to do the work for me. That's hilarious!

So, what do you need? More time, more money, fitness, health, hobbies, there is a wide, wide world of possibilities. Your goal could be hobby related, business or personal. What do you want, how will you take it, how far are you willing to push yourself to actually achieve it. In a nut shell, is it a priority? Telling yourself you don't have enough time isn't accurate, in reality it's not a priority, or maybe you're just too afraid to fail. Maybe you don't want it as bad as you think.

Let's talk about success and how to make it happen. First, success is a relative term. Some consider success a happy family, others would consider it a massive bank account, while others would consider a mere 3 minutes of silence the best thing.

Step 1:
Evaluate what you want and how you can possibly achieve it. Who could be your biggest cheerleader(s)? Do you currently have the assets to attain it?

Step 2:
Plan out your goal. Set a timeline so that you can achieve parts of the whole, to get you closer each day.

Step 3:
Do it! Don't just talk about it, get out there and put your nose to the grind and do it.

Step 4:
Celebrate from the rooftops when you get there. Invite others to revel in your success, how they do that is up to you.

No matter what you do remember to persevere, revise and succeed all the way to the end. So, tell me, what are you working on?


Comments

Popular Posts