The End....

It's the end of my journey in the photography world - the beginning of my journey back to my own life. Bittersweet. This has been a very difficult decision to come to, one that I have internally battled back and forth with myself over. A decision that makes me cringe and smile at the same time. It is the end of MKP, the end of my professional photographic journey. I have loved almost every moment, meeting new people and watching their family grow through the years. I come to this decision with a heavy heart, but it is much needed....quite passed due.

All sessions that have a date and time already set out are still being honored, and those expecting that I've already spoken with - you still have your sessions with me. I will not, however, schedule any other sessions.

I have already had many people contact me, and expressing their support - but still asking why. There are many reasons, many many reasons. One is that I have lost sight of me in hopes of becoming she, now those that are in the same shoes know exactly what I'm talking about.....others will get it one day. I am also giving in to society, as bad as it is, as much as I shouldn't...I am. The mass majority of people in my general area have begun to either become photographers themselves or to severely undercut the competition (me). The result is clients that expect a lot, for very little - and that, my friend, is not worth the massive amount of time spent away from my family - my children. I am also unable to keep up, so many emails, calls and messages asking for information - information easily accessible on the internet....yet I am asked instead of having previously used the handy dandy search engine to find their answer...easier for you - yet inconveniencing to me. I love helping others, but only those that also help themselves and have a high respect for others. Aside from the business side, I am missing out on my own life. I am missing my babies grow up, and before long they will be rebellious teenagers, instead of loving little tots. I am missing out on loving my husband and showing him the attention he deserves. I am missing out on ME, being able to take just a few hours of time for myself - to meditate and reflect on my own life and aspirations.

Photography is a beautiful thing, but the business side and the people can suck the beauty out of it. So for those reasons, I bid you all adieu! Wishing you all the very best and thanking you for all that you have done, the support, the love, the inspiration - thank you.

Morgan

Comments

  1. Thank you so much your inspiring work and willing to help others. Best of luck to you and your family and feel 100% of your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't followed your work for very long but I love what I have seen, I will miss seeing your work but think its wonderful that you are honest with yourself and your fan/client base. Enjoy life!! We only get to live it once and I wish you all the best. Hard decisions are sometimes the ones that reward us the most. Here is to many rewards.--Katie S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan,
    I have followed your blog for the past year and have been blessed by you and your photography... thank you. You have taught me much in taking good photos and in the editing process. May God bless you and may you continue to fine joy in taking pictures with however God leads you! Have fun with your family!
    -chippy t

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand completely what you are saying. The most important thing is you are doing what is best for you and your family and that is all that matters. I wish you the VERY best in life and hope you will have many HAPPY wonderful days with your family, Thank you for all that you have shared it has truly helped me in my business :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been such a blessing to those military families in your area. That is the saddest thing to see go. I hope you continue with fstop frenzy. I really love all the info there. You're a real talent Morgan, but I understand as the wheel starts turning, it gets faster and faster and it gets harder to stay on. I feel that way many days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy life Morgan! You know what is best for you & your family & I support you 100%!! Love your work and thank you for all I have learned! <3 ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you sista' ~ there comes a time when your passion because blurred by confusion ( business) when all the sudden your passion for art, is simply a mission of burden...I wish you all the best, as I too am battling with the same. I want to take pictures of MY children ~ Luckily the wedding season for me, is basically in the summer, so I then have more time with my family through out the rest of the year...even so, my heart goes out to you, may you overcome and obtain that beautiful passion of art, photography, in a way that only you can love ~ much love and god bless ~
    amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morgan, you are such a talented photographer! Although I haven't had time to follow you as much as I hoped when I do see the work you produce I am always in awww.. I too was faced with the same decision about a year ago and had I realized that I was spending so much time taking care of "business" I would have probably stopped long before I had slowed down. It took a huge reality check hitting me right in the face to realize what I had been doing. The decision you are making is still a decision that I fight myself on daily!! I have so much respect for you seeing that you are making the RIGHT decision. You are such a talented photographer just know that when the time is right for not only you but your family as well you will always be able to step right back into doing what you do best! For now focus on your family, what truly means the most!! Having a loving husband and kiddos is what it is all about! Many prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you the very best! I've followed your work since finding you on coffee shop bog when they first had you up there. You have been a wonderful inspiration for rocking entry level cameras! Hope that you keep photography with you in a personal capacity. Family comes first and again I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you nothing but love and happiness!!! Enjoy your family!!!
    Good luck, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you the best! Thank you for inspiring me to do more and learn more. Bless you Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morgan..... Morgan....Morgan.... You are twice the women I am. I so so SO admire you for your decision. I cant even imagine what it would be like and having to make it. I have to say I am envious. There is so much more to all of this then just taking pictures and most don't understand this at all. All the things you said are so true. I believe in my heart you are making the right choice and taking the right path. Imagine what it will be like to be able to sit down and actually read a magazine other then in the waiting room of aDr. office. LOL Enjoy your life .. enjoy your family ... do what is best for you and ONLY YOU !!! Because we only have one life to live. That's it. So go ahead and do what you dream and your heart tells you. I wish you the very very best and nothing else other then the best. Thank you for all you have given me. Inspiration, advice and yet so so much more. Sending you and your family lots of prayer and hugs. Love, Alexandra : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me so sad to hear.. I have never used you as my photographer and have never really commented on the blogs but of all photographers you are my absolute favorite.. I am an aspiring Photographer and you're work is just amazing and you're tutorials have helped me so much! I wish the best of luck to you.. You truly have an amazing gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morgan I have followed you for about a year and love your work, Photography is losing a great photographer. I know for me personally your tutorials are very helpful and was wondering is your site going to stay, I use it as a great resource, if not when is it coming down, I'd like to take some notes down if it's not staying. I hope you enjoy this time with your family and maybe in the future that itch will come back where you want to photograph again:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts