Actions: How to load them

For PS CS
First have your actions palette open and click the little paragraph looking icon to open up the menu.
Then you want to select load actions, a window will pop up and you will need to find where you saved your action then select the .atn file.
I have my actions saved to a folder on my desktop so they are easily accessible.




For Elements users

First download the action and unzip the file.
Then copy & paste the action in the photo effects folder
 
If you don't see the ProgramData folder go to:
Start
Control Panel
Classic View (in some versions of Windows)
Folder Options
View
select "Show Hidden Files & Folders & Drives"
 
In XP
C:
Documents and Settings
 All Users
Application Data
Adobe
Photoshop elements
(whichever version)6,7,8  
Photo Creations
Photo effects


To make it even easier make a shortcut to the photo effects folder and put it on your desktop so you can load your actions directly to it and not have to go through this every time :)

Comments

  1. I love your site!! I'm very new to Photoshop and with your tutorials hopefully I'll know what I'm doing sooner than later!! I wanted to use the actions, (I have cs5) next to history there is no actions tab. Is that something I need to add? If so how?
    Thank you so much for sharing all of your knowledge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To get your actions tab to show in CS5 go to window at the top and select actions. Or if you're using a PC Alt+F9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the action. I downloaded it and I have the action in my CS5 actions window. But when I play nothing happens! I have tried selecting the eyes and playing it. Not working! Can you please help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry forgot to mention that it was the eyelove2 action. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unload and load it again.
    Make sure your image is flat.
    Go to your actions palette and make sure the layers are there.
    If it still doesn't work let me know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, i followed all the steps,and it is showing lucky now in the photo effects, but its still not in my program with my other actions, do you know what to do? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try restarting it, or I often hear deleting the mediadatabse.db3 file works

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am having issues downloading this zip file. It comes over as a PS format of a photo, a jpeg photo and another file, but I can't open it. Anyone else having this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are having trouble unzipping them, let me know by email and I can send them unzipped to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. does this work on MAC as well? Installation the same?
    Angela
    nscrofan at rogers dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm having the hardest time trying to unzip my file. and when I think I do, I upload it on my elements and no actions shows up. only the eyelove little file in actions. but nothing is in my tabs below it. can you help pretty please. :)
    -demi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts