The fabulous Kristen Caldwell

The amazing Kristen Caldwell: wife, Mother, photographer, artist, and entrepreneur is my first interview and I am so excited to have her!

M: What makes your work unique?
K: “My heart and soul ARE the true lens of my camera”
I’m a funky, spunky , crazy and FUN chick! What you see is what you get and I believe that shines through in my work and attitude!

M: What's in your bag?
K: I’m a SONY girl through and through!
Sony A100 (back-up)
Sony A900 (full frame is where it’s at!)
18-200 f/3.5
50 mm f/1.4
24-70 f/2.8 Carl Zeiss
70-200 f/2.8 G Series
Sony F56 External Flash
Gary Fong Diffuser
Vertical Grip
Lots and Lots of Batteries
Orbit Mint Mojito Chewing Gum
AND I’m a HUGE fan of the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone! Does this count? :-)


M: If you weren't doing this, what would be your chosen profession?
K: I’d probably be working in Quality Control and Engineering for a manufacturing plant as this was my profession before I had children and then ventured in to Photography. I’m extremely quality conscious. This practice has proved in my work with Photography and with my newly launched backdrop business, Bad Sass Backdrops, Inc. Everything I partake in must be done the right way or it’s just not good enough for me. I am a true representation of my work and believe this has been the key to my success along with the many customer relationships I have made.

M: What do you love most about what you do?
K: The fact that I can provide my customers with images that will last them a lifetime and the happiness that will beam from them every time they look at those images is truly what I love most! Hearing how grateful they are for the memories I have captured for them is priceless! As far as my boutique, my customers are grateful for a great quality product at a great price. In regards to the backdrops, I love to hear from customers how extremely pleased they are with their product and how the exceptional customer service I provided to them made them feel important. I firmly believe that people should be treated with respect. It’s the greatest tool for success in this business along with providing people with an exceptional product that is true to its advertised description. Honesty ranks high with me!


M: What was your best moment this past year?
K: My best friend of almost 20 years, Terry Cutlip, Owner of Sassy Designs Inc and I finally obtained our own studiospace! Talk about EXCITING! And then we launched Bad Sass Backdrops just 5 months later! While it’s been a lot of hard work, we wouldn’t change any of it! This truly has been our dream and now it’s finally come true!

PLUG 
(I actually have and use one of the TRI SPLIT backdrops from Bad Sass and I absolutely adore it!)
Be sure to check out www.BadSassBackdrops.com

Terry and I have come up with the highest quality backdrops on the market! Our backdrops are made of 100% Canvas! Yep! The same canvas that your gallery wrapped canvases are printed on! This is NOT a vinyl coated canvas! Most of you are probably thinking, “Oh great! ANOTHER backdrop company!” What sets us apart from other backdrop suppliers? We use the HIGHEST QUALITY canvas and inks. Our printer, PIXEL2CANVAS is the leader in the canvas printing industry! These guys KNOW what they are doing! Our backdrops go through an extra process of being sprayed and cured as well. You will not find another supplier doing this. This finish is EXTREMELY important to ensure the longevity of your backdrop and also guarantees that your backdrop is 100% GLARE FREE. This finish also locks in the ink, acts as a UV barrier and also allows the user to wipe the backdrop clean with warm water should it become soiled. They are easy to handle, lightweight yet extremely durable and roll up with ease! They can be used in ANY lighting condition and can also be used outdoors!

We are offering hundreds of Sassy Designs to choose from to be printed on our backdrops along with designs from Florabella Collection. No matter what size backdrop you order, you will not have to worry about a loss of the design. Our designers, Terry Cutlip of Sassy Designs and Shana Rae of Florabella Collection have sized each pattern accordingly and proportionally to ensure the absolute best print! Again, this is another step in our process to provide our customers with the highest quality backdrop available!




Prior to launching Bad Sass Backdrops, I wanted to offer our customers a VERY unique backdrop and so the “SPLIT” was born! Our SPLIT backdrops come in 8ft or 10ft lengths (all are 5ft wide) and allow the customer to choose TWO designs to be printed! This concept is ideal for those looking for a floor/wall combo. You instantly have a set up in minutes! Talk about versatile!

Shortly after releasing the SPLIT, another light bulb went off one night while lying in bed and I came up with the TRI SPLIT! I wanted to offer a product ideal for Photographers specializing in newborn and small children. The TRI SPLIT allows the customer to choose THREE patterns to be printed on their backdrop. This backdrop comes in a length of 10 ft only by 5ft wide. Each pattern printed is just over 3ft each. The versatility is phenomenal with the Tri Split! The price is exceptional!

We also offer single backdrops in 4ft, 6ft, 8ft and 10ft. We encourage everyone to “Like” us on our Facebook Fan Page as we frequently run specials, sales and promotions. We have had a GREAT response to our newly launched Bad Sass Backdrops and thank everyone for their support! And yes, that’s Bad SASS though some people think it’s A$$ ;-)

If anyone has any questions about our backdrops, please do not hesitate to contact us! We can be reached via email:
admin@BadSassBackdrops.com or you can call me direct at: 216.577.1969 Customer service is #1 with us so you never have to worry about waiting for days for someone to call you or email you back. You’ll be hearing from ME directly!

Did I mention that we offer FREE SHIPPING to all 50 US States as well?! YEP! Our turnaround time is also phenomenal! Backdrops ordered during business hours are usually printed same day. They are shipped out within 48-60 hours and sent via Fed Ex Ground which usually takes 3-5 business days depending on your location. You will NEVER wait WEEKS to receive your backdrops from us! For more info, please visit our FAQ’s listed on our website!




Thanks for having me, Morgan! I’m so glad we met here online and I hope one day we can meet in person! Until then, I will continue to have high admiration for you!
You are every bit of AWESOME!

My Photography Website: www.KristenCaldwellPhotography.com
My Boutique: www.KristenCaldwellPhotography.BigCartel.com
My Fan Page: www.Facebook.com/KristenCaldwellPhotography
My Flickr: www.Flickr.com/photos/MarvelousMomma
Owner of Bad Sass Backdrops, Inc: www.BadSassBackdrops.com
Bad Sass Fan Page: www.Facebook.com/BadSassBackdrops

Comments

  1. What a rockin chic to be on your seriously awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of it! Absolutely beautiful work!
    Ainsley Goudeau

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts